Newssheet- Our autumn newssheet is being distributed to members. Please let us know if you haven't received your copy.
Yellow Line proposals:
Park Road - Introduce double yellow lines filling the gaps on the eastern side of Park Road from outside number 3 to number 11. Introduce double yellow lines on the eastern side of Park Road from the northern boundary of number 13 up to the southern boundary of number 19. Extend the existing double yellow line on the western side of Park Road from the boundary line of 41- 45 The Tracery going south up to Parkside Nursing Home covering the junction with The Tracery. This is to prevent obstructive parking close to the drives that are not currently covered by the double yellow lines and in order to improve traffic flow, sightlines for drivers coming out of The Tracery and road safety in general.
The other relates to the area immediately opposite The Tracery. This section of road suffers from inconsiderate parking across driveways.
The two requests will now go through the public consultation process. I will not have any insights on how that is progressing until Highways Officers advise the outcome – and any additional yellow lines which flow from that process will be installed in 2023
Cricket Club plans: There are plans to demolish the pavilion and build a new one and increase the car parking. Please click here for more information.
* YMCA - Step Forward programme
* Monday 24th at 5:00 PM - BHS - Gardener's Question Time - Community Hall
* Wednesday 26th at 2:00 PM - Flower Club - Alan Smith and Lee Berrill 'Autumn Tapestry' - Community Hall
* Thursday to Saturday 27th to 29th - Banstead Art Group - Annual Exhibition - Community Hall
* Monday 31st at various times - Curzon Cinema - Film: The Duke - Church Institute
* Saturday 5th at 6:00 PM - Cricket Club - Fireworks (starts at 7:30 PM) - Cricket Ground Avenue Road
* Sunday 13th at 10:15 AM - Royal British Legion - Remembrance Day parade - High Street
* Wednesday to Saturday 16th to 19th - SADC - Arsenic & Old Lace - Adrian Mann Theatre
* Wednesday 19th at 7;30 PM - BAFS - The Mithras Trio - Community Hall
* Saturday 26th at various times - Curzon Cinema - Film: Elvis - Church Institute
* Sunday 30th at 2:00 PM - Flower Club - Nick Grounds: 'The Apple Tree' - Community Hall