Development Management Plan - Update from Inspector - please see Projects
Heathrow expansion consultation - closed.
Heathrow is planning to expand with the addition of a new runway, roads and buildings. As part of this planned expansion, they are also planning to change the air corridors that they use and part of that change would involve more flights over Banstead and at lower altitude which would be noisy and affect our air quality. If you want more detail of what is being proposed, please see https://aec.heathrowconsultation.com/
If you would like to join one of the opposition groups to these plans, please see http://stopheathrowexpansion.co.uk/
Banstead Cross Roads replacement of traffic lights - completed - many thanks to SCC.
Banstead Village in Bloom win Gold award - many congratulations to all involved.
Whirlpool Tumble Dryers - thousands of faults found - are you using a dodgy dryer - click here
Road Works - Click here for link to national roadworks site.
'Lake Victoria' - The problem with the soak-away in the High Street has been fixed. Many thanks to SCC.
Plastics recycling - please see attached poster for a local initiative - click here
* Sunday 10th at 10:15 AM - British Legion - Remembrance day parade - High Street
* Sunday 10th at 10:30 AM - Horseshoe Community - Pre-school Christmas Bazaar - Youth centre, The Horseshoe
* Wednesday 13th at 2:00 PM - Banstead Tea Dance - Community Hall
* Friday 15th at 7:30 PM - BHS - AGM and Social evening - Community Hall
* Saturday 16th at 7:30 PM - BAFS - Ugnius Pauliukonis - Piano - Community Hall
* Monday 18th at 2:00 PM - U3A - Colin Jones - Around the world in 80 gardens - Community Hall
* Monday 18th at various times - Curzon Country Cinema - Aladdin and Red Joan - Church Institute
* Thursday 21st to Saturday 23rd at various times - BANOS - Scrooge the musical - Community Hall
* Saturday 23rd at 7:30 PM - St Cecilia Chorus - Bach Magnificat and Charpentier - Christ Church, Sutton
* Wednesday 27th at 2:00 PM - Flower Club - Talk on Festive Highlights - Community Hall
* Thursday 28th from 5:00 PM - Rotary - Community Event - High Street
* Saturday 30th at 9:30 AM - BVIB - Bulb planting - Sutton Lane
See 'What's on" for further details