top of page
Telephone: 999 in emergencies or contact your local police: Local Police website or 'In the know' (click on the underlines to follow the links.)

In an non emergency you can ring 101 and ask to speak to the Reigate and Banstead Neighbourhood Team based at the Reigate Town Hall.  If we are not available, the operator can be asked to leave us with a message or you can directed towards our voicemail if we are not on duty when the call comes through.    You can also come to the front desk of Reigate Police Station between 8am and 10pm or use the yellow phone outside the police station outside these hours.


The Safer Neighbourhood Team are based at the Town Hall so that we can liaise with other agencies and members of the public are welcome to contact us there if they require a face to face conversation or we can try and visit at the home address or even somewhere else if necessary.   The team are also available via email  at

Beware - HMRC Scam Alerts.. Click here for more information, or click here for some simple advice on what to do.

Burglary prevention advice - click here for details


Banstead Village is governed by a two-tier local government structure
     * Our local council is Reigate and Banstead Borough Council
               - where we are represented by Councillors Eddy Humphreys, Sam Walsh and  Nadean Moses.
     * Our overall county council is Surrey County Council - where we are represented by Luke Bennett - for more information click here.

Reigate and Banstead Borough Council
     * Click here for website (for bins and recycling, benefits, council tax and voting and elections plus Interactive maps for your local road)
     * For Planning click here
     * Click here for the JET team (Reporting antisocial behaviour, fly tipping, graffiti, litter, abandoned vehicles, dog fouling etc.)

Please note that the JET team can also be contacted on 01737 276300
Please click here for information on Inconsiderate Parking
Surrey County Council:  Click here for SCC website 
    * Please click here to report any problems with pavements
    * Please click here to report problems with drainage and flooding
    * For other issues click here for SCC website or here for independent website.
    * For Your Fund - click

bottom of page